For the past several months I've been working on a commission for the garden of a private residence.
In February I gave a talk to a local art group about my experience attending The 3rd Contemporary Mosaic Art Symposium in Sardinia Italy (subject for another post - long overdue). The following day I was contacted by a woman who had been at the talk, who commissioned me to create 2 mosaics for her beloved garden. She'd been introduced to a variety of materials during my talk, and as a result decided on Mexican Smalti, as her material of choice. OK by me!
I chose to use a lightweight, waterproof, substrate which comes in a variety of thicknesses. The Osprey was cut out of the 1 inch substrate which was latter attached to the 1/2 inch background substrate. I was thrilled to find that the 1/2 boards come in 4'x5' sheets, the size of the flower mural.
The Osprey flew off to his new garden home .... On to the flowers!
I started by transferring a cartoon of my design to the substrate, and began the setting here....
7/25/2019 12:12:30 pm
7/25/2019 05:36:54 pm
Love how you took all that yummy colour and mode a fabulose piece of inspire all.
7/27/2019 06:50:36 am
Thank you, Marleen
7/29/2019 09:33:25 pm
Looks fabulous, Gila!
7/30/2019 05:53:40 pm
7/31/2019 03:10:54 pm
Breathtakingly beautiful. They will outshine their garden home!
Leave a Reply.